NELLEN’s Keys to Unlocking Our Future project is developing a six-month employment program targeting the specific needs of the culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD), migrant and refugee young people in Wodonga. The project aims to increase the collaborative response to young people’s needs as they exit Year 12 and commence job-seeking or job-creating activities.
Our team will:
- coordinate a series of workshops (including social enterprise training) and the delivery of collaborative and culturally appropriate information sessions for CALD young people and their families
- coordinate individual guidance to prepare young people for their transition into employment
- support CALD young people engaged in the project to apply for jobs, establish social enterprise initiatives, and develop agency to independently seek vocational pathways
- engage with employers who have job vacancies in local, high-demand employment sectors and of specific relevance to the individual young people engaged in the project
- monitor the job application process and the individual outcomes for each of the CALD young people engaged in the project.
Local employers interested in supporting this project can contact Janet Banda, CALD Employment Project Coordinator, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phoning 0417 499 275 for further details.
The Keys to Unlocking Our Future project, formerly known as Whatever It Takes, is funded by the Department of Premier and Cabinet with the funds held by the Rural City of Wangaratta. The project will continue until September 2020.