- participate in employment
- experience what it is like to work in an industry related to their VET studies at school
- practise the skills they have learnt
- engage with employers and the community
- form new networks
- gain real life experience
- begin to gain an understanding of employer expectations.
The SWL Statewide Portal
You can search work placement opportunities for school students in North East Victoria through the online SWL portal.
Local employers interested in learning more about becoming a Structured Workplace Learning host can contact NELLEN’s SWL team on (02) 6056 0966, 0409 314 702 or email email@example.com.
If you would like to find out more about using the SWL Portal, this video, ‘Supporting Student Placements with Small Businesses’, shows teaching staff, students and SWL hosts discussing the benefits of using the portal and why they would recommend it to others.